Your gently used goods may be donated during regular business hours at Goodwill Industries of Central Iowa’s 18 retail locations. Donations are also accepted at our headquarters at 5355 N.W. 86th St., in Johnston from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday. (Our Des Moines Outlet Store does not accept donations.)
- Clothing: all sizes, styles, and types. (Clothing not suitable for resale can be sold as salvage material.)
- Computers and computer equipment (working and non-working).
- Housewares: dishes & glassware, radios, fans, lamps
- Furniture: in good condition and without heavy stains (see exceptions listed below).
- Toys: stuffed animals, dolls
- Books, CDs, cassettes, commercially produced videos
- Accessories: shoes, belts, scarves, jewelry
- Auction items: specialty items can be found through our online auction, Shopgoodwill.com
Please Donate Responsibly… Goodwill regrets that we must decline certain items due to applicable laws and restrictions or processing costs.
- Major appliances
- Tube style television sets
- Large metal office desks
- Building materials and household fixtures
- Damaged furniture
- Exercise Equipment
- Non-working electronics
- Stained/torn mattresses, damaged coil and box springs
- Bowling balls
- Free-standing pools
- Paints, lacquers, thinners
- Motorized vehicle pieces & parts
- Cleaning supplies
- Carpet or carpet padding
- Gas/oil-based products
- Pianos/large electric organs
- Baby cribs/car seats
- Food and perishable items
- Live animals
Stores have the right to reject any donated item if it does not
meet our company standards.