Donate Your Time
Nothing is more enriching than volunteering. By giving up a few hours, you support your community, improve the lives of others and benefit yourself. Volunteering is both giving and receiving at once.
The One Gift Everyone Can Give
Through our volunteer program, we offer fun and hands-on opportunities that make a meaningful impact in central Iowa. Whether you are an individual interested in getting more involved in the community or a group looking to make a difference, Goodwill of Central Iowa has an opportunity for you.
Volunteer opportunities are available at our retail stores, career connection centers and headquarters facility for individuals and groups.
Who Is Eligible?
Goodwill of Central Iowa is looking for individuals, groups, and students in need of volunteer hours. All volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- Volunteers must be age 16 to volunteer on their own.
- If younger than 16, volunteers must be accompanied by a parent or part of a service group.
- Volunteers must sign up for a minimum of 10 hours.
What You’ll Be Doing
Our volunteer needs are constantly changing but opportunities include the following:
- Retail Stores: You’ll accept and sort donations, stock shelves, fill displays and clean in our stores. You choose the store and hours that work for you. You can volunteer on your own, with a friend or sign up a group.
- Shopgoodwill.com: Put your talents to use to help research, photograph, post and ship items sold on our e-commerce site. Volunteers available weekdays between 8:00am—4:00pm can help see these transactions from start to finish.
- Day Services: Join our Day Services participants for a day of socializing with crafts, games, outings or informational presentations. Volunteers available weekdays from 9:00am—2:00pm are invited to learn more about opportunities to get involved.
- Career Connection Centers: if you’re looking to help others on their journey to employment or taking the next step in their careers, our Career Connection Centers invite you to volunteer. Volunteers available from 8:30am—4:00pm are invited to learn more about opportunities to get involved.
We are always trying to improve the volunteer experience so ideas on how to best utilize your talents as a volunteer are welcome. In addition, volunteer opportunities for groups looking for team building or service can be customized to a group’s size and interests. For specific questions please contact us at (515) 265-5323 ext. 211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.