WHAT TO EXPECT
Welcome to Goodwill of Central Iowa! We’re excited you’re joining us. Your role is critical in helping fulfill our vision of creating purpose through the power of work. We are dedicated to providing you with information that is important for ensuring a successful start in your new role. Here, everyone matters, and we are excited to have you join our team!
PREPARE FOR YOUR FIRST DAY
- Get to know our “WHY”
- You’re now part of a network of employees who are dedicated to furthering the mission of Goodwill. If you want more information about that, learn more here.
- Watch Our New Team Member Video
- You’re joining an organization with a long history and strong values. This video shows how we started, how we work together to achieve our mission, and our customer experience.
- Complete onboarding and prepare everything you need!
- You’ll receive an email about onboarding before your first day. Here, we’ll ask you for the information we’ll need to make you an employee, so be sure to complete that before your first day! You’ll also need to bring two forms of identification to verify the Form I-9 as required by the federal government. A full list of acceptable documents can be found here: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Form 1-9 Acceptable Documents lists.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR FIRST DAY
Your orientation will begin by meeting your team and learning more about your workplace. You will be given a New Employee Orientation Checklist that will provide a roadmap to ensure success in your new role, then you’ll be paired with a Mentor who will guide you through your first week and be available to answer any questions you have. From here, your training will begin! You’ll receive a mix of hands-on and virtual training through our Goodwill University learning platform. These trainings include general employee information, workplace safety, benefits, professionalism, and more!
We look forward to you joining our team! In the meantime, stay social with us and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn!